My last week, mostly work oriented, but then punctuated by some actual fun. Who woulda thunk?
1. Starting the evening in San Antonio, only one margarita down….
2. Ending the evening after visiting the “longest wooden bar in Texas”. As my office manager put it, it’s like literally just one long wooden bar. Here’s a photo of the end of the riverwalk with one of those river boats. Earlier that day we saw one of those boats die in the middle of the river, even though (because?) it was full of tourists.
3. Even later and four cocktails down. We did not find the basement, by the way.
4. Looks like I gave birth to Sandy the dog.
5. Sandy, crazy photogenic but also just crazy neurotic and obnoxious.
6. Jess and Sandy, my bestest friend and mortal enemy.
7. We went to the emergency room after Marty’s (Jess’s boyfriend) sister’s bike accident yesterday. It was a good day in spite of the trip to the ER. I drank, like, three or four or five diet cokes and took a bunch of photos of this helicopter taking off then landing. Now it’s labor day and I’m typing this even though everyone else is standing under the hose outside. Summer, I am seriously over you!
6:54 pm • 1 September 2014 • 1 note
This is what August looks like:
1. Paperwork. The state of texas. I used to be in a relationship where I turned down moving across the country because it was more important to “stay close to my roots” and attempt to revitalize texas. What I ended up doing: paperwork.
2. Walkie-talkies, y’all. I own walkie-talkies. Not, “I own” like I purchased. More like, “I’ve tried every kind of walkie-talkie and figured out the best goddamned walkie-talkie in the world”.
3. Empty portables in August. The month of august in texas just means empty portables to me. As my boss said today, they don’t even count as real classrooms.
4. More progress on the center for creative blah blah blah!!! I’m so happy I could spit.
5. Pretty sunset last week, my one non-work related photo.
10:32 pm • 25 August 2014 • 2 notes
Step 307: Radio silence is not an acceptable breakup technique
OK, OK, yes: if you’ve been on just one or two dates, the chemistry wasn’t there, etc., then you don’t owe anyone anything.
But! If you’ve been on 3+ dates/slept together/corresponded regularly, you owe the person the courtesy of at least saying that you’re not interested.
It doesn’t have to be…
6:46 pm • 24 August 2014 • 727 notes
Dirty Projectors - Offspring Are Blank
(Source: niftytracks, via yvno)
9:41 pm • 23 August 2014 • 108 notes
Back to school.
Get up in the morning, go to work, come home at night and watch a meg ryan movie in bed. Fall asleep at ten o’clock. Get up in the morning (repeat). Said to a colleague today, when did my whole life become work? And, I’m legitimately wondering when that happened to me. Guess I wasn’t paying attention.
Gave one of the admin assistants at one of my schools a high five today after passing a licensing inspection. She seemed to like it. Yesterday I waved to a school secretary (at a different school) through the office window. She laughed pretty hard. I’m trying very much to be charming this august.
Tonight (now) I’m wondering if cashews make me break out? I feel gross. Tomorrow I’m going into “the office” wearing what else other than my white cut-off shorts and striped t-shirt. Back to school, more like back to cool. Zing!
9:46 pm • 22 August 2014 • 2 notes
stop romanticizing the idea of becoming so dependent on another human being that you cannot function adequately without their presence goodbye
9:29 pm • 22 August 2014 • 450,059 notes